Turning Toward Life with a Pen in Your Hand: Exploring Poetry of Presence II
“What does it mean to be alive?”
Consider this an invitation to join your voice to the big conversation about that question. In this four-week series, we’ll converse with poems from Poetry of Presence II: More Mindfulness Poems, an anthology of poems that “crack open the tough stuff and spill out the light.”
Every class will consist of reading and unpacking poems, two sessions of original writing, optional sharing, and lots of talk about process. This is a chance to “practice mindfulness smack dab in the middle of our busy lives” through writing—partaking in wonder, embracing paradox, trusting life, and meeting our own lives as living poems.
- WHAT: A four-week writing series
- WHEN: Nov. 28, Dec. 5, 12, and 19, 6-8PM CT (7-9PM ET, 5-7PM MT, 4-6PM PT)
- WHERE: Zoom
- MATERIALS NEEDED: Your favorite writing tools plus Poetry of Presence II (optional: Exploring Poetry of Presence II)
- OPEN TO ALL: No prior experience with poetry-writing is necessary.
- YOUR INVESTMENT: $100 for series (scholarships available—contact me). Checkout using your card, PayPal, or check.
- DISCOUNT: If you’re a Rafter (a member of my online community), use your discount code at checkout to get 15% off. (Forgot the code? Contact me.)
- CAN’T MAKE A SESSION? Replay will be available.